[Live-devel] RTSP over UDP...

Thomas Christensen tchristensen at nordija.com
Wed May 3 02:11:07 PDT 2006

Hi Peter

On 02/05/2006, at 16.33, Peter Maersk-Moller wrote:
...<edited>...

>>> That's not true - at least for the Amino set-top boxes.  They handle
>>> RTSP-over-TCP just fine.  However, the stream that they receive
>>> (*not* the RTSP control channel) is MPEG Transport over UDP (not
>>> RTP).
>> Yes, the same is true for Kreatel.
>
> So they don't really support RTSP then. They just have the
> cabaility to
> decode MPEG-2 TS received on a given port. Correct ?
Well they do actually react to the RTSP requests and allow me to
control the MPEG2-TS over UDP stream.

>> Ok. I can verify that it does work with the kreatel stb's as
>> well.  However, as you point out in the faq, trick play doesn't
>> work in the  current edition of the library. Any chance of that
>> patch becoming  available soon?
>
> Are you saying that the Kreatel box speaks RTSP meaning that it
> can talk to a rtsp server using the rtsp protocol setting up
> a streaming session and execute a rtsp play, but just can convert
> rtp packets into a [elementary] stream ?
The Kreatel STB supports RTSP fully but can only handle MPEG2-TS. So
yes is the answer.

In order for me to get a working RTSP VOD Server for Kreatel, all I
need now are the trick play functions.

Cheers

Thomas