[Live-devel] Problem detected in compilation for arm and solution.

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu May 11 02:02:38 PDT 2006

>The problem detected is, that in the creation of the HandlerSeet, these
>pointers take unsensed values. I solve it separating the different
>cases. On one hand the case when you create the object HandlerSet and in
>the other hand when you use it to add a HandlerDescriptor to the
>HandlerSet.
>
>HandlerDescriptor::HandlerDescriptor(HandlerDescriptor* nextHandler)
>{
>         if(nextHandler==this)
>         {
>                 fNextHandler = this;
>                 fPrevHandler = this;
>         }
>         else
>         {
>                 fNextHandler = nextHandler;
>                 fPrevHandler = nextHandler->fPrevHandler;
>                 nextHandler->fPrevHandler = this;
>                 fPrevHandler->fNextHandler = this;
>         }
>}

I don't see how this change would be necessary, because the second
branch of the "if" should behave exactly like the first branch, if
"nextHandler == this".  However, because this change makes the code
clearer, I've added it to a new release (version 2006.05.11) of the
"LIVE555 Streaming Media" software.

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>