[Live-devel] Event loop problems

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue May 16 22:19:27 PDT 2006

>Is there any way to somehow unwedge live555's event loop so that it
>executes callbacks, other than having it receive RTP?  Is the standard
>practice to add an additional readfd to its scheduler's select(), and prod
>it from a different thread/application via select() when you need it to
>run callbacks?  If so, is there an obvious way of doing this short of
>subclassing my own UsageEnvironment and TaskScheduler?

One soluation is to create a new raw UDP (not RTP) socket, and use it
to send messages to the event loop.  (Being a socket, the arrival of
each packet will unblock "select()", and will be treated as an event.)

In early April, Stas Desyatnlkov posted the code that he wrote to
solve this problem:

http://lists.live555.com/pipermail/live-devel/2006-April/004215.html

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)