[Live-devel] Single stepping RTSP server

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu May 25 05:33:35 PDT 2006

>I'm interested in streaming video in a slightly non-standard way: I
>want to control the playback rate from the server, ignoring the
>frame rate as defined in the media file.  Could you please give me
>some pointers as to where in the code I should make
>modifications?  My guess so far is to create new UsageEnvironment
>and TaskScheduler classes and use them instead of the
>BasicUsageEnvironment classes.

I doubt you would need to do that, but without knowing more about
exactly what you're trying to do, it's hard to say for sure.  Are you
talking about supporting 'trick play' - e.g., so that the stream
appears, to the client, to be N times as fast (i.e., the RTSP "scale"
header)?  Or are you talking about actually changing the rate that
bits get sent, without necessarily changing the stream's appearance,
as seen by clients (i.e., the RTSP "speed" header)?  Or something else?

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>