[Live-devel] Compiling "LIVE555 Streaming Media" with Visual Studio 2003

Richard Monette richard.monette at gmail.com
Wed May 31 13:47:28 PDT 2006

All apologies regarding the name mixup.

I have successfully created the .mak files. When inspecting them with a text
editor they appear to be correct, however when I attempt to open them with
Visual Studio I receive an error telling me they could not be opened because
of a corrupt project file. Since no project file appears to exist, I assume
this refers to the .mak itself.

Is it neccessary to run the genWindowsMakefiles on a  *nix  machine?  I dont
have easy access to one, could cygwin be used instead?

I am using this (
http://lists.live555.com/pipermail/live-devel/2005-May/002541.html ) and
this ( http://live555.com/liveMedia/#config-windows) as guides right now but
one says I must use Unix, to create the makefiles, and the other is not as
specific.

At some point (when I am trying to compile probably ) it seems I will need
to copy over some files from VS2002, but I wouldnt have expected that to be
an issue at this stage.

Thankyou very much, sorry for such tired questions,

Richard E. Monette