[Live-devel] It compiles, but it doesn't work... :-(

wisem 1049588 at aruba.it
Thu Nov 2 06:31:48 PST 2006

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Gunar Riwanda
  To: LIVE555 Streaming Media - development & use
  Sent: Thursday, November 02, 2006 1:47 PM
  Subject: Re: [Live-devel] It compiles, but it doesn't work... :-(

  quite confusing that the program has an error, but it says "no error", isn't it?

  That was exactly my problem. But i'm not sure now how i solved it. Sorry.
  One thing i can remember:
  i followed the instruction on how to build the code in windows once again.
  Built it with nmake on command prompt.
  linked all the necessary include & lib files plus "ws2_32.lib" (maybe you can try to link this "ws2_32.lib" too. and tell us whether it works or not.)
  and that's just it actually.

  good luck.

  ps:The test programs work just fine without any additional change.
Thank you for the suggestions. Anyway I don't understand why I should have to link another library... The code already compiles without problems! However, I have tried to link that "ws2_32.lib" too, but the problem remains...
For the 'nmake' compiling... I don't know how to use this command. I have tried to execute the genWindowsMakeFiles that creates a .mak in each directory of the live library. Then, when I import these makefiles in the Visual C++ 2005, the ide asks to me to convert it in a Visual C++ 2005 solution, but then, after I accept the conversion, it gives to me:

"Operation could not be completed. The project file '....\groupsock.mak' cannot be converted. See the conversion report for details."

And in the report:

"Conversion Issues - groupsock:
Cannot load the project due to a corrupt project file."

I'm lost...