[Live-devel] Problems with Streaming of AMR

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Nov 6 04:11:23 PST 2006

>Is the frame header restored after streaming over RTP?

No, not by default.  However, the frame header byte is available -
from the "AMRAudioRTPSource" - using the "lastFrameHeader()" member
function.

See, for example, the code for "AMRAudioFileSink".  If you feed your
incoming data (from "AMRAudioRTPSource" into an "AMRAudioFileSink",
you'll end up with an AMR-format data file that you should be able to
play using QuickTime Player (for example).

>  If not, I suppose
>ffmpeg expects the header in every frame

That's a FFMPEG-related question; you're going to have to figure that
out yourself from looking at the code.  I haven't yet used FFMPEG at
all to *decode* AMR audio.