[Live-devel] Using an SDP file to receive an RTP stream

Luca Abeni lucabe72 at email.it
Tue Nov 7 02:46:16 PST 2006

Hi all,

I have a pcap file containing an RTP stream (well, it is really 2
streams - audio and video - plus the RTCP SR packets), and an SDP file
describing the stream.

If I use "tcpreplay <file.pcap>", the resulting stream plays fine with
"vlc file.sdp", so I think the live555 libraries can correctly receive
it. Now, I'd like to save it in a .mp4 file, by using openrtsp or a
similar program. But openrtsp expects an RTSP server, that I currently
do not have... I tried to modify it to read the SDP from a file (instead
of using the rtso describe command, but it fails when trying to issue
the rtsp setup command.

So, I am wondering if anyone has suggestions or hints about how to hack
openrtsp for directly using an SDP file (instead of an rtsp:// url).

Or maybe it would be easier to write a "fake" rtsp server that only
answers the commands issued by openrtsp and returns my SDP, without
really streaming any audio and video?

Ideas are welcome.

				Thanks,
					Luca