[Live-devel] QuickTimeFileSink support for H.264/AVC

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Nov 7 09:57:02 PST 2006

>I have added support for H.264/AVC to QuickTimeFileSink.

Thanks.  This will get included in the next release of the software.

>Do you have any ideas as to why this won't work when trying to sync the
>streams?

I'm not sure.  Unfortunately - by storing sample durations rather
than absolute sample timestamps - the ".mov"/".mp4" file format is
poorly designed for ensuring proper a/v synchronization, especially
for an application like this (where we're trying to store data from
an incoming RTP/RTCP stream).