[Live-devel] Can't read from a MPEG4 unicast stream?

Dani Baeyens dbaeyens at warp.es
Fri Nov 17 04:03:47 PST 2006

El vie, 17-11-2006 a las 02:25 -0800, Ross Finlayson escribió:
> > Hi,
> >
> >   This is my first contact with the library and the mpeg4 world. I'm

> > My affected code is:
> >
> > struct in_addr serverAddress;
> > serverAddress.s_addr = our_inet_addr ("192.168.2.10");
> > Groupsock rtpGroupsockVideo (*env, serverAddress, 50000, 255);
> >
> > videoSource = MPEG4ESVideoRTPSource::createNew (*env,
> >                                      &rtpGroupsockVideo,
> >                                        96,
> >                                        0);
> > videoFramedSource = MPEG4VideoStreamFramer::createNew (*env,
> >                                           videoSource);
> >
> > fileSink = FileSink::createNew(*env, outputFilename);
> > fileSink->startPlaying (*videoFramedSource, afterPlaying, NULL);
> >
> > env->taskScheduler().doEventLoop();
> >
> > The afterPlaying function is just empty.
> > What I am doing wrong?
>

> I'm not sure, but try replacing "192.168.2.10" with "0.0.0.0".
>

> (See <http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html#unicast>)

D'oh! I had read the FAQ (too fast) and I understood to write the IP
instead of "0.0.0.0". Anyway, changing that line, it doesn't work yet.
If I enable debug messages I get:

-------------- starts here ----------
parsing VisualObjectSequence
MPEG4VideoStreamParser::parse() EXCEPTION (This is normal behavior -
*not* an error)
-------------- ends here ---------

The exception is thrown when
MPEG4VideoStreamParser::parseVisualObjectSequence
tries to do:

while ((first4Bytes = test4Bytes()) !=
VISUAL_OBJECT_SEQUENCE_START_CODE) {

I've tried to print the test4Bytes() result, but the string is not
printed at all.
So I'm thinking I could be having problems receiving the stream, but I
don't know where. Could it be related to a problem with the stream MPEG4
format?

Thanks for your help,
--
Daniel Baeyens <dbaeyens at warp.es>