[Live-devel] RTSP server to handle receiving data from other Sockets and the RTSP clients

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Nov 17 15:00:30 PST 2006

>Now my problem is: how can i accept the data continuously and pass it to
>multiple RTSP clients (when more than one RTSP clients are requesting same
>data source).

Set the "reuseFirstSource" Boolean parameter to True.  It was
designed for exactly this purpose.

>how can my data receiving part be handled?
>
>For my case, i need to continuously receive the socket data.

Because a 'socket' is just an open file (on sensible operating
systems, at least), you can read it using the "ByteStreamFileSource".
I.e., using the "testOnDemandRTSPServer" code as an example, just
change the file name from "test.<whatever>" to the name of your
socket in the file system (or "stdin" if you're reading from standard
input).