[Live-devel] Advice on per-message connection in RTSPClient & RTSPServer?

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Nov 21 08:49:20 PST 2006

>Oops, its early bad news. I was planning to use RTSP server for one of
>my projects but my clients are cellular handhelds and I can't change
>their code. So if RTSP server does not support TCP tear down it just
>won't fly.
>
>Ross, can you please describe steps required to implement tear down
>support?

It will be complex - basically, the management of
"RTSPServer::RTSPClientSession" objects will need to change.  (in
particular, there will need to be a new hash table for looking up
these objects based on the clients' "Session:" id strings.

This is the first time I have heard of a client that behaves like
yours.  At some point I'll modify the RTSP server code to support
this, but this probably won't happen before the New Year.  (Right
now, server 'trick play' support for MPEG Transport Stream files
takes priority; lots of people have been asking for this.)