[Live-devel] Setting StreamState referenceCount

jers at inwind.it jers at inwind.it
Wed Nov 22 10:36:45 PST 2006

Dear Ross,
I’ve implemented a software based on the “Live” library.
It is a RTSP server able to play several video sources (coming from a grabber)

I noticed that in the library the RTSPServer as well as the RTPSink makes use of only blocking read/write system calls.
This means that, for example, if a RTSPClientSession is blocked on a write on its TCP socket, all the other sessions and rtp/rtcp stream are blocked too.

I looked into the Live sources and I haven't been able to find a valid solution to this problem.
It seems that, if I want to stream each source without reciprocal interference, I should rewrite a lot of files.

Have you ever met a problem like this?
Do you have any suggestion to solve the issue?

Thanks in advance.
Bye
Jers