[Live-devel] non blocking sockets

jers at inwind.it jers at inwind.it
Thu Nov 23 00:33:44 PST 2006

Sorry for the previous subject

> >I noticed that in the library the RTSPServer as well as the RTPSink
> >makes use of only blocking read/write system calls.
>
> That's not true.  Both the TCP sockets (for RTSP control) and UDP
> sockets (for RTP) are set up as non-blocking.

you are right, they are setup as default non-blocking,
anyway the real use seems to be blocking.
I mean:
The RTSPClientSession receives from the RTSPServer a non blocking TCP socket. Then in the incomingRequestHandler1()
it calls the readSocket (with NULL timeout parameter).
The readSocket calls the blockUntilReadable() and this function does a select() with a single file descriptor (the socket) in its fdset.
I think that this blocks the process.
Do you agree?