[Live-devel] LIVE555+JMF

Scott Hays sdhays.neon.com.tw at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 18:15:29 PST 2006

JMF's RTSP implementation is buggy and does not support the SDP format
generated by LIVE555.  Its RTP implementation has bugs
too.  I hacked the RTSP code with Sun's   I was pretty disappointed with it
when I was evaluating it last year, and it hasn't been updated since.

There is an opensource project whose goal is to replace Sun's JMF reference
implementation with an opensource implementation:
http://fmj.sourceforge.net/ .  I don't know about their support for
RTP/RTSP, but I'd recommend taking a look.
 Hopefully their implementation will be much better than Sun's.

Scott