[Live-devel] R: RTSP Redirect

Guido Cicala nomelogin2 at yahoo.it
Thu Nov 30 00:55:51 PST 2006

> The way to implement a proxy is to make it both a RTSP server (accepting commands from
>  the original client) and a RTSP client (connecting to the back-end server, transparently to the
> original client) - without any change in the way that the RTSP protocol is used.
>

> --
>

> Ross Finlayson
> Live Networks, Inc.
> http://www.live555.com/

Ok, thanks! Now in my mind is clear that:
1) I can't use RTSP "REDIRECT" command (not implemented in live555).
2) A proxy is constituted by a "server side" and a "client side"...

But how can I realize it using live555?
I think that I shoud start to modify the RTSPServer (for the "server side") class to intercept the Server IP Address in the client request and modify OpenRTSP implementation (for the "client side") to redirect each command to the server IP Address. But I have not found where the Server Ip Address is used...
Is my reasoning wrong?
Can someone help me, please?

Thanks a lot,
Guido