[Live-devel] Some modifications done on the library

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Oct 5 00:24:38 PDT 2006

David,

I have made most of your proposed changes; they have been included in
the latest release of the software.

However, in a couple of cases, I held off on making the changes,
because I was not convinced that they are justified.  In particular:
- In "FramedSource.hh", I don't believe that variables such as
"fAfterGettingFunc" should be "protected".  These are used only by
the implementations of "FramedSource::getNextFrame()" and
"FramedSource::afterGetting()" - which are central to the functioning
of the library - and I don't see how/why subclasses would want to
access (let alone modify) these variables.
- In "RTCP.hh", I'm not (yet) convinced about the need or
desirability of subclassing "RTCPInstance".  If the intention is to
support new RTCP report types, then there may end up being a better
way to do that.