[Live-devel] memory leak in MultiFrameRTPSource on fSavedPacket

David BERTRAND bidibulle at operamail.com
Fri Oct 6 01:18:23 PDT 2006

Hi Ross,

We have detected a memory leak in MultiFramedRTPSource.cpp on the
fSavedPacket pointer. We don't know exactly when it happens but it
seems that it happens for sure when there is a problem on the first
packet received bt the MultiFramedRTPSource. Indeed, in this case the packet is not stored (not put in the queue) and hence not delete either.
To fix this we just removed completelety fSavedPacket from the
code, and it works. Can you tell me what is the goal of this
pointer. Can't we simply remove it ? I attached the valgrind log
(to show you the memory leak) and the patch that we use to fix the
problem.
Thanks,
David