[Live-devel] openrtsp stackoverflow

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sat Oct 7 11:20:25 PDT 2006

>I'm trying to stream a mpeg-2 transport stream using the
>testOnDemandRTSPServer over rtsp
>But i get several issues
>1. Playback is perfect when using mplayer, but when using VLC, i
>only get video and no audio
>2. When using openRTSP to record the stream to disk, it produces a
>stack overflow
>
>I know VLC is not your program

However, it does use the "LIVE555 Streaming Media" code (for RTSP
client support), so this is of interest to us.

>but just wondering is this is a known issue

No, it's not.  Please make your server available on the public
Internet (i.e., not behind a NAT), and send us the (publically
accessible) "rtsp://" URL, so we can test this for ourselves.

>But openrtsp seems to produce a stack overflow and maybe this
>happens since we're only
>streaming 1 media (a mpeg-2 transport stream) and not the normal 2
>media types (audio and video track)
>
>I tried analyzing the stack overflow and it happens in
>FileSink::afterGettingFrame1()
>at the end this function calls continuePlaying()
>which again in the end seems to calls FileSink::afterGettingFrame1() again

No, there's no infinite recursion (and so there should be no stack
overflow) happening here.  Between the call to "continuePlaying()"
and the next call to "afterGettingFrame1()", the code returns to the
event loop (to handle the reception of the incoming network packet).

But again, in order to debug your problem, I would need to know the
(publically accessible) "rtsp://" URL of your stream.