[Live-devel] live555 rtsp ff/rw question

Miha Martinec miha at martinec.si
Sun Oct 8 09:11:36 PDT 2006

Hello everyone.

Ross Finlayson directed me to this list.

I have successfully developed a small RTSP server using live555 libraries
and set up a testing environment. I am using MPEG2TS video stream for
testing the RTSP server.
The server works fine, but I can't get the functions fast forward and
reverse to work. I have done some code-digging and found out that the
functions for fast forward and reverse have not yet been implemented in
live555 libs.

Does anyone here have a working code for ff/rw for MPEG2TS streams or
knows when this functions will be implemented? The FAQ says this functions
are done, but in a seperate project and may be added to this project in
the end of 2006. How soon will this be implemented, is there a more
specific date in place? Is it possible to get the code from the other
project, so I can add it to this one by myself?

Thank you.

Best regards,
Miha Martinec