[Live-devel] Help for Windows Xp user

xcsmith at rockwellcollins.com xcsmith at rockwellcollins.com
Mon Oct 9 14:44:03 PDT 2006

I am trying to build the code in Windows Xp, but i cannot follow the
instructions on the site..Can anyone give me astep by step outline on what
to do and the software i need to download to complete the build?....What is

Devstudio.. and how do I run 'cd' to my 'live' directory, if i dont have
Cygwin on my Windows PC... please help..thanks

Devstudio is refering to whatever arbitrary Development Environment you are
using (Microsoft Visual Studio and Eclipse are both exampes of Development
Environments).
'cd' is a DOS command meaning "change directory."
There are a few ways to get the DOS interface up.  Try Start->Run and then
type "cmd /k" into the box.
You will get a new window that shows your hard drive letter and a cursor.
"C:\> _ "
Then type "cd" followed by the path to your LIVE directory.  So if my LIVE
is in a folder named "LIVE" on hard drive "C", then I type "cd C:\LIVE"

You need a compiler to make the LIVE library.  So you should either
download Cygwin or buy MS Visual Studio.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cygwin

Hope this helps!
~Medra