[Live-devel] H.264

Deeptendu Bikash dbikash at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 21:55:26 PDT 2006

Hi,

Though this might not strictly involve Live555.com, yet I would appreciate
any help.

I am writing a RTP depacketizer that feeds directly to the ffmpeg decoder.
Though I am able to pass on the NAL units correctly, the decoder is not able
to decode it...in fact it says the frames are of zero length and discards
the NAL Units.

Does the ffmpeg H.264 decoder require anything other than the NAL Units for
decoding? I mean any other parameters from SDP like config,
sprop-parameter-sets, width, height, etc? If yes, what and in what format?

Thanks,
Deeptendu