[Live-devel] AVIFileSink and chunks

Paolo Prete p4olo_prete at yahoo.it
Wed Oct 25 13:59:34 PDT 2006

Hi,

I'm trying to make a mJPEG avi file from a sequence of
JPEG frames, following the tip explained in this post:

"[Live-devel] FW: Convert H263 framed stream to.avi)"

I have created my own implementation
(MyJPEGFramedSource) of FramedSource subclass, based
on ElphelJpegDeviceSource, and it works for streaming.
Then I've tried to link it in my own implementation of
AviFileSink changing all the lines containing:

"FramedSource* subsessionSource =
subsession->readSource()"

with a pointer to my MyJpegFramedSource (plus other
modifications)
When the Avi file is created, the header seems ok, but
the jpegs chunks result in an uncorrect order...
Now: there's a fragment of AviFileSink which I
couldn't "adapt" to MyAviFileSink

unsigned short rtpSeqNum
    =
fOurSubsession.rtpSource()->curPacketRTPSeqNum();
.
.
.
fLastPacketRTPSeqNum = rtpSeqNum;

Given that I don't use a RtpSource but a FramedSource,
I can't obtain the rtpSeqNum and, consequently,
fLastPacktRTSeqNum. So I was forced to cut this
fragment (and it's the only one i've cut).
So I ask: could it be the reason for the uncorrect
order of the chunks or the fragment is uninfluent for
making an avi file from a FramedSource?

thanks for your help,

regards
Paolo Prete