[Live-devel] Problem trying to use libavcodec and live555

Shaswata Jash shaswata at alumnux.com
Thu Oct 26 06:29:23 PDT 2006

All those classes derived from FramedFileSource and FramedFilter are
responsible to extract a complete media frame and to send it to
corresponding RTPSink. So will it not be better that libavcodec should be
used within these classes? If that is so, there is no need to change any
code within RTPSinks, they are just very perfect to encapsulate to form RTP
packets from those media frames (provided by classes derived from
FramedFileSource and FramedFilter ).
Also, you have probably mixed-matched between the AVPacket and real
RTPPackets. You can extract media data from AVPicture and then put that to
'fTo' (internal buffer defined by LIVE).
If you clarify further your requirements, then it will be easy to understand
the overall scheme of yours.

With regards,
Shaswata