[Live-devel] %5BLive-devel%5D%20Problem%20trying%20to%20use%20libavcodec%20and%20live555

José Manuel Sánchez buscarini at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 12:34:13 PDT 2006

Thanks for the quick response. I'll try to clarify what I'm trying to do.

This is what I intend to do:

file -> ffmpeg -> modify frame -> ffmpeg -> liveMedia -> network -> vlc

I want to load a movie, modify the raw frames, encode it again and send it
to another computer which has a VLC client.
I have been successful with the last part (with the example
testMPEG1or2VideoStreamer), and with the first one (I can read the file with
libavcoded and then see the decoded frames).
The next thing I have tried is this:

file -> ffmpeg -> liveMedia -> network -> vlc

This is where it fails. I decode the movie with av_read_frame, and then I
connect the output with a MPEG1or2StreamFramer, which is connected with a
MPEG1or2RTPSink.
This is more or less the code of the test.

Should I decode the frame and put it to MPEG1or2StreamFramer or is the
AVPacket what it's expecting?
The main problem is that I don't know what each module is expecting. Does
the liveMedia send decoded frames? does it encode them?

Thanks,

Antonio Garcia