[Live-devel] how to transfers mpeg4 PS stream?

Scott Hays sdhays.neon.com.tw at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 00:47:07 PDT 2006

MPEG PS can contain MPEG4 content.  But program stream support for MPEG4 is
not currently available in LIVE555.  It is possible, though.  I had a hack
sort of working last year, but it wasn't good enough to submit as a patch
(and we decided to move to a different container format before I perfected
it).  You'll need to edit MPEG1or2Demux.cpp, I believe, and then make sure
that the demuxed MPEG4-ES stream gets parsed by the appropriate
MPEG4Video*Framer (I can't remember if you can use the discrete framer or
not, although I think you can't use the discrete framer).

Scott