[Live-devel] Time Resolution and Accuracy ?

Jeremy jeremy at electrosilk.net
Wed Sep 20 00:32:12 PDT 2006

Hello Ross,

Thanks for the previous answer. Further searching shows that is is
believed that gettimeofday is pretty accurate for Linux systems - ie
microsecond accuracy.

There was one item in my question (below) that you didn't answer. As the
scheduler is used amongst other things to determine when to actually
deliver a packet I expect it should be relatively accurate - so that data
is delivered at a constant rate rather than in bursts a couple of times
per video frame?