[Live-devel] Packet Size

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Sep 21 13:42:43 PDT 2006

>Hi LIVE!
>
>I am trying to use LIVE streaming server on a device that cannot send or
>receive network packets larger than 576 bytes.  Any packets larger than
>this are dropped. I think this leaves 536 bytes for data after TCP header
>and 548 bytes after removing UDP header.  Is there a way for me to limit
>the size of the packets LIVE makes?

Yes.  After creating each "RTPSink" (actually, "MultiFramedRTPSink")
object, call
	setPacketSizes(preferredPacketSize, maxPacketSize);
on it.

In your case, maxPacketSize would be 548.  I suggest a value of 500
for "preferredPacketSize".  (Both values should be multiples of 4, to
avoid potential problems when streaming PCM audio.)