[Live-devel] info needed on input buffer

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sun Sep 24 21:17:36 PDT 2006

>  I came to know that we can use functions like
>test4Bytes(),get4Bytes(),getByte(), SkipBytes()
>defined in StreamParser.hh.
>
>  Are there any other methods to read from file or buffer?

"StreamParser" is used to parse data from a byte stream (which will
usually be a "ByteStreamFileSource").  If, instead, you simply want
to read data without parsing it, or if you want to read data in
fixed-size chunks only, then you can do so by reading directly from a
"ByteStreamFileSource".

>  How can we find out that EOF is reached while reading from input buffer?

The "onInputCloseFunc" function (passed as a parameter to the
"StreamParser" constructor) will get called.  (Usually, this will be
the "onCloseFunc" function that's passed to
"FramedSource::getNextFrame()".)  Look at the code for the demo
applications to see several examples of this.