[Live-devel] detect video resolution of an MPEG4 Stream

Oussama.Layaida at inrialpes.fr Oussama.Layaida at inrialpes.fr
Tue Sep 26 00:54:50 PDT 2006

Hi folks,

I have a newbie question.

I'm using Live555 library to stream an MPEG4 video stream from a vlc server.
(almost) Everything is working well: I create an RTSP client, setup the
session, get data frames into memory and successfully decode them using xvid or
ffmpeg (thanks to Live55 developpers for the great job).

The only obstructing thing is that I have to know the video resolution in
advance, especially when it is not included in the SDP (x-resolution fmtp). Is
it possible to get it from the RTP or the codec specific headers ? how this can
be included in the Live555 ?

thanks