[Live-devel] Server and Client on the same machine

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Sep 26 02:34:10 PDT 2006

>Hi Everybody,
>
>We are using testMPEG1or2VideoStreamer.cpp and testMPEG1or2VideoReceiver.cpp
>for streaming and receiving the MPEG ES and PS streams on the same machine.
>We are running the server and client on the same machine. We observed that
>sometimes client will never receive any packets i.e. the function
>networkReadHandler() in MultiFramedRTPSource.cpp will never be called and
>some times, it receives the packets. Even the RTCP reports are not
>sent/received properly.
>
>The same functionality works fine, if the server and client is running on
>different machines.
>
>Any clues on this.

This sounds like a problem with your OS.  If you're running Windows,
I suggest that you upgrade to version 2006.09.18 or later of the
"LIVE555 Streaming Media" code, and recompile.  If that still doesn't
work, then - if you're running an old version of Windows - you may
need to upgrade to Windows XP for this to work.

If you're not running Windows, then I don't know what might be wrong
(although it's probably still an OS problem).