[Live-devel] What is StreamState class used for?

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Sep 27 17:10:08 PDT 2006

>I am having trouble understanding what
>RTSPServer::RTSPClientSession::streamState and the StreamState are used
>for.  Can you please explain?

This data structure represents the state of a single media stream
(e.g., audio or video) within a single session requested by a remote
client.

>   I see they are being used by the
>RTSPServer::RTSPClientSession.  I am trying to understand how the
>RTSPServer::RTSPClientSession uses these "states" to handle the requests on
>the sessions.

Notice how the "streamToken" variable is assigned by the call to
"getStreamParameters()" (which is called to handle the RTSP "SETUP"
command), and notice how later this same "streamToken" variable is
used when performing operations on the stream (e.g., starting it, or
pausing it).