[Live-devel] redirecting a mpeg4 rtsp stream

Paolo Prete p4olo_prete at yahoo.it
Sat Sep 30 12:59:30 PDT 2006

I would like to
> create a
> >new simple streaming server, on my machine, which
> only
> >redirectes the ip-cam's stream.
> >
> >Is there a support, or sample codes for this
> operation
>
> No, not really - sorry.  This is something that you
> would need to
> develop yourself.
> --
>
> Ross Finlayson
> Live Networks, Inc.
> http://www.live555.com/

Anyway, before starting a development, i ask:

1)would it be a good idea starting with
playCommon.cpp?
I have seen that the code makes a RTSPClient for the
incoming streaming and then creates some different
fileSinks (QuickTimeFileSink, AVIFileSink etc.);
should i proceed using a MPEG4ESVideoRTPSink instead?

2) if I use a MPEG4ESVideoRTPSink, and then I call the
startPlaying function which kind of MediaSource should
I pass to the function's first argument? In
testMPEG4Streamer example, a ByteStreamFileSource is
passed: in my case, should I pass a MPEG4(generic or
ES)RTPSource ?

Thanks again for your help
Paolo Prete
Italy