[Live-devel] Benchmarking

xcsmith at rockwellcollins.com xcsmith at rockwellcollins.com
Wed Apr 11 08:02:14 PDT 2007

 Surprisingly i was able to stream up to 150
streams. Even when i streamed different big files to see how hard disk
will be hit, vmstat showed constant block reading activity, i was able
to stream 150 streams. VLC was 151 and was playing movie perfectly.

Re:  Did you do any benchmarking in which you were recording the data as
well?  For some reason I am losing incoming RTP data on my embedded
hardware, but it does not seem to be because I cannot write fast enough.  I
wonder if something like your epoll program could be good for me to try?

Thanks!
Xochitl