[Live-devel] Trick play and reuseFirstSource

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Apr 13 00:19:08 PDT 2007

Well, I don't agree with many of your arguments (especially the one
about "using one source file for two different uses" - you could use
different file names (which you'd probably need to do anyway), using
symbolic links).  However, since you're the only person who seems to
care passionately about this, I'll make the change in the next
release of the software - so that it ignores any index file if
"reuseFirstSource" is set.

(I'm still not sure why anyone would want to set "reuseFirstSource"
on a non-live stream, but whatever...)