[Live-devel] Limiting listening time on permant sdp sessions

c.drost at student.utwente.nl c.drost at student.utwente.nl
Thu Apr 19 02:08:19 PDT 2007

Hello Ross,

I am using the live555 library to stream live RTP content taken from a radio station using the darwinInjector. The only problem I have is that I want to limit the listening time to half an hour using the sdp file description.
Due to the fact that we are using a radio station as input, the start and end time cannot be set in the description, how can I still use the repeat field in the sdp file to "repeat" the permanent session every half an hour.

E.G. a user tuning in using the sdp file cna listen for half an hour and is than cut off, reloading the sdp file result in the user being able to listen again half an hour, and so on...

I am not even sure if this is possible with the repeat time field, but the sdp file looking like the one I am using now is not doing the trick (see below), got any ideas on how to insert this functionality or to get the darwinInjecor to generate behavior like this??

SDP fields used regarding timing:
t=0 0
r=1801 1800
where t=<start time><end time> (0 0 is permanent session)
r=<repeat interval><active duration>

Regards,

Chiel Drost