[Live-devel] www.live555.com/mplayer

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at rainbow.studorg.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Apr 19 05:12:59 PDT 2007

Hi Ross!

A user explained on mplayer-users last week that he wasn't able to
configure
mplayer the way described on http://www.live555.com/mplayer/
(He didn't say he followed your suggestions, but that's what I guessed.)

The option --with-livelibdir has been removed from mplayers configure, I
think
--with-extraincdir=<path-to-LIVE555-Streaming-Media-library-directory>
should be the correct option (I didn't try).

Additionally, on mplayer mailing lists, everybody is advised not to use
--enable-* (except --enable-gui, but including --enable-live), because
it forces demux_rtp.cpp to be compiled, no matter if live555 library is
installed or not, while that should be autodetected; so perhaps you
could change the text on http://www.live555.com/mplayer to something like

3. ... run

     cd MPlayer* ; ./configure
and check if live555 library was auto detected successfully.

Otherwise, run

     cd MPlayer* ; ./configure
--with-extraincdir=<path-to-LIVE555-Streaming-Media-library-directory>
and make sure that live555 library was auto detected successfully.

Thank you, Carl Eugen