[Live-devel] about openRTP

hong liu l1436636 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 19 06:53:28 PDT 2007

I have a test.mp4 file on Darwin Streaming server, which include a h264 video file and audio file. Now I want to receive the video file and output it to a file. Then I ran openRTP on my Linux machine.

First I used the command of "openRTP rtsp://192.168.0.1/test.mp4", and then I got one audio file named audio-MPEG4-GENERIC-2 and one video file named video-h264-1. I tried to open video-h264-1 with vlc or mplayer, and all tries failed. I don't know what format this file is. Is it h264 elementary stream file or other format. The same  happened to the audio file.

Then I used the command of "openRTP -v -4 -w 176 -h 144 -f 30 rtsp://192.168.0.1/test.mp4 > test_video.mp4", and then I opened test_video.mp4 with vlc, with nothing playing back. I also used quicktime player to open it. It can be played back but there are some problems in picture reconstruction and there is audio in between. What is wrong with it.

Thank you for your help!

Hong Liu