[Live-devel] about openRTSP

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Apr 20 08:12:20 PDT 2007

>I intended to run openRTSP to receive only video data of a mpeg-2
>transport stream from live555MediaServer

No, that won't work, because MPEG Transport Streams are streamed (in
RTP) 'as is', with audio and video multiplexed together.

>If I want to get only video data for transport streams, how can I do it?

You can't, unless you demultiplex video from the received Transport
Stream, *after* you receive it.  (You would need to use something
other than our software to do this.)

>In addition, I put a mp4 file including only h264 video data in
>Darwin streaming server and used openRTSP to get only video data. In
>the beginning, vlc couldn't playback the resulting video data. After
>I analyzed the byte stream of the saved video data, it missed the
>SPS and PPS NAL units. So I copy them from the original file into it
>and now it works for vlc. I don't know where I modify the source
>code so that it can save SPS and PPS NAL units as well.

You would do this in "H264VideoFileSink.cpp".