[Live-devel] Segfault in FileSink while indexing MPEG2-TS

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Apr 20 08:18:25 PDT 2007

>It seems to be a problem with stack overflow.  In our application we
>create each task with a stack size of 32k (which seems like plenty),

By "task", I hope you don't mean "thread", because if you do, then
you may not have read
<http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html#threads>

(If you want to index more than one file in parallel, then the best
way to do this is to spawn multiple copies of a single indexing
application (e.g., "MPEG2TransportStreamIndexer"), not using multiple
threads within a single application.)