[Live-devel] RTSP server extending

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Apr 23 17:42:46 PDT 2007

>The patch provided in this thread introduces control for authenticating
>a certain socket to a certain url suffix which is useful. I've made a
>similar patch, and I'm grateful that I can now remove half of it. The
>other half of mine remains..
>
>What I'm missing in this patch is control to accept or deny incoming
>connections (before the RTSPClientSession object is created) based on
>the IP/port.

OK, in the latest version of the software (2007.04.24, released
today), the signature of the "specialClientAccessCheck()" virtual
function has been chanegd to:
	virtual Boolean specialClientAccessCheck(int clientSocket,
struct sockaddr_in& clientAddr,
                                           		char const* urlSuffix);

Note the new "clientAddr" (it's a sockaddr_in, so it has the client's
port as well as its IP address).