[Live-devel] Program stream decoder

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Apr 24 08:07:54 PDT 2007

>     I am using Live 555 streaming server to stream mpeg2 ts to the st top
>box.
>     Currently i have the Transport stream decoder with which we are able to
>stream .ts to set top box.
>     Now we want the implementation for program stream.
>     For this i want to know whether server depacketizes program stream into
>elementary stream and starts streaming or it transmits as ps packets only.

MPEG Program Streams are streamed as separate audio and video RTP
streams, because that's the standard way such data is streamed.

If you instead want to stream the data as a single, compbined
audio+video stream, then you would need to convert your Program
Stream data to Transport Streams first (e.g., using code simiilar to
that which we use in our "testMPEG1or2ProgramToTransportStream" demo
application).