[Live-devel] RTSP server extending

Igor Bukanov igor at mir2.org
Tue Apr 24 08:10:53 PDT 2007

After looking into RTSPServer.cpp code and my current implementation
of the server I think the right solution would be to allow for
RTSPServer subclass to supply a subclass of RTSPClientSession through
a virtual method like

createNewClientSession(clientSocket, address, addressLength)

Then RTSPClientSession.incomingRequestHandler1 should be modified to
to call a new virtial RTSPClientSession method like dispatchCommand
that should perform command dispatch based on name and url parameters.

In this way a subclass of RTSPServer  can check in
createNewClientSession for client access restrictions and in a
subclass of RTSPClientSession can perform before-after dispatch
actions  from a custom dispatchCommand implementation.

Regards, Igor