[Live-devel] Timing Issue on Processing of a Received Packet

Cihat Goktug Gurler silencertr at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 15:50:05 PDT 2007

Hi,

May be I should simplify the question. The issue is the following.

We have a new MediaSink and there is a image processing duty when
AfterGettingFrame method is invoked. My question is, if that duty
takes around 40ms, would that cause a packet loss? I'm suspicious
about this issue because the packets arrive with a faster rate. If
there is only a single thread it will be too busy with image
processing and it will not be able to read from network interface as
frequently as it should. Would that cause packet loss? Should I
implement a thread to deal with the image processing?

Best wishes,

Goktug Gurler