[Live-devel] About the openRTSP source code

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sun Apr 29 20:02:15 PDT 2007

>  >>I start looking at the source code of openRTSP, and try to modify
>>>the code to add SPS an PPS NAL units of H264 into saved file.
>
>>To do this, you would modify (or extend) the "H264VideoFileSink" class.
>
>May I ask the reason why the openRTSP program doesn't save received
>SPS and PPS NAL units of H.264 into a local video file?

Because the code wasn't written to do this.

Note that these NAL units aren't part of the RTP stream, but are
instead sent as an encoded string in the stream's SDP description.
However, there exists a function ("MediaSubsession::
fmtp_spropparametersets()()") to access this string, and another
function ("parseSPropParameterSets()") to decode this string into
binary data - which you could, if you wished, write to a file.

Sometime in the future, I might update the "H264VideoFileSink" class
to do this itself....