[Live-devel] issue with a streaming server having multiple network interfaces

Noam Camiel noamatari at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 6 08:36:44 PDT 2007

Ross,

I will try your version later on (when I get back from my vacation) but I believe that a simple test can be made to check your correction.

If you connect a client from the internet to your LIVE555 server that is behind a NAT/firewall, you would be reproducing the same situation.  You will need to "punch" the server port in the firewall to be able to connect from the internet into the LIVE555 server.

In this scenario the keepalive packets should be sent from the client to the real (Internet) IP address of the LIVE555 server, as opposed to the internal (behind the firewall) IP address of the LIVE555 server.

Please let me know if the test was successful.

Noam Camiel