[Live-devel] Destroying RTSPClientSession objects

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Aug 7 16:49:30 PDT 2007

>Is there a way to destroy the RTSPClientSession objects that the
>RTSPServer creates?  It appears that they only get destroyed when
>the client terminates the session.

A "RTSPClientSession" object will also get terminated if the client
times out (due to inactivity - i.e., no RTSP commands or RTCP "RR"
packets received within "reclamationTestSeconds" seconds).  It will
also terminate if its read from the TCP socket fails (for whatever
reason).

>   I'd like to be able shutdown my server code cleanly  (ie: not
>leaking memory) independent of what the client application is doing.

If your server code is running in its own process - i.e., as an
application - then you can just kill the process, and the OS will
automatically reclaim all memory, sockets etc. that the server was
using.