[Live-devel] Couple of questions

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Aug 8 15:52:05 PDT 2007

>  a) So I was looking for something which demultiplexes this TS into
>audio and video streams.
>Currently when I look at the code, we do have modules to demultiplex
>program streams, multiplex into transport stream and also modules to
>convert from program stream to transport stream.
>But what I would really need is to either have a demultiplexer for
>the transport stream, or rather converter from transport to program
>stream. DO we have either support which I might have missed out?

No, our library currently has no support for *demultiplexing*
Transport Streams.  Sorry.

>b) Another observation I made is that even if I got the above
>support to demultiplex into 2 elementary streams( one would be
>MP4-V-ES ) and other would be AAC supported audio stream(elementary).
>If my understanding is correct we dont have support for AAC ES
>right? How hard would it be for me to incorporate this support.
>  Alternatively the SimpleRTPSink might be useful for any type of
>information, but we have no support for a framer class for the AAC
>audio type right?

AAC audio should be streamed using the "MPEG4GenericRTPSink" class.
(See the "ADTSAudioFileServerMediaSubsession" for an example.)

Note also that we have a perfectly good RTSP server implementation.
You don't need to use a separate 'Darwin Streaming Server'.