[Live-devel] Cannot play scaled file properly using QAM video card: file does not conform to DVB standards

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Aug 13 12:49:05 PDT 2007

Jeff,

I don't know what exactly is meant by "conforming to DVB standards"
(if there's a specific document describing such standards, I'd be
interested to see it), but - to my knowledge - our generated 'trick
play' Transport Streams comply with the MPEG Transport Stream
specification (ISO/IEC 13818-1).

Because the problems with these streams seem to be just with one
specific client, your best bet right now would be to try to persuade
the manufacturers of this client to make it more tolerant of
different types of input stream (perhaps via a firmware upgrade?), or
else develop some sort of filter (hardware or software) that
transforms our streams into a form that your client can handle.