[Live-devel] TaskScheduler::DoEventLoop() question.

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Aug 14 01:47:47 PDT 2007

>Hi.
>I'm using MFC to display streamed media. And I have to implement
>step by step execution,
>But DoEventLoop() just takes control. Is there something in live555
>I can use instead DoEventLoop
>Witch executes events step by step, or do I have to modify existing
>TaskScheduler code to add that myself?

If you really want to, you can write your own subclass of
"TaskScheduler" and reimplement "doEventLoop()", or write your own
subclass of "BasicTaskScheduler0" and reimplement "SingleStep".
I.e., if you wish, you can implement your own event loop (provided
that it implements the interface defined in
"UsageEnvironment/include/UsageEnvironment.hh").

The event loop implementation - "BasicTaskScheduler" - that's
included with the supplied code is just that: 'basic'.